Wednesday, 16 May 2007
I took the jar that I am using for my coloring exercise and made it into an applique shape. I did it 4 times with different stitches to see what would happen, and then assembled it into a four-patch. Miraculously the centers met. It is screaming for quilting......if only I could find time to do it!
This is the four-final piece
Monday, 14 May 2007
This is the leaf stencil exercise. As I had done some plain stencils with Shiva/Markals, I decided to try shading! This was all done with a freezer paper stencil. I am showing you both the original artificial leaf which was the basis of the exercise and the finished product.